Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Christmas Follow Up

Angelyn

PM

It is a challenge each year to come up with toys/gifts for others to purchase for our SN child for Christmas.  I know there were some forum posts about ideas here this holiday season.  Curious what gifts your SN children received that ended up to be major flops or big hits!

Signature

Angelyn

10 January 2017 04:34 PM # 1

AlwaysRunning

PM

Our gifts haven’t been a great success this year. We replaced our ipad with a Amazon Fire but the battery is rubbish on it so we might have to just bite the bullet and buy a new ipad as well.
Our little boy loves the wooden sensory toys - you know the super expensive ones - well we got a new version of one similar to what he has. Not interested in a bit :(
What about you?

11 January 2017 03:34 PM # 2

JackieB

PM

Switch-adapted Chad Valley CD player a great hit with my four year old, plus first own switch for home use.

16 January 2017 04:29 PM # 3

Becca T

PM

We got Brielle (5) who has cerebral palsy and is not walking yet, a Wiggle Car ride-on for Christmas. It’s been a major hit! Zooming about the kitchen, hallway and living spaces in her own little car :)

17 January 2017 08:30 PM # 4

Healing Heart

PM

My son really liked the FurAnimals Torch the the Dragon and he always really loves his UK switch adapted toys a lot.  Not so much into the clothes I bought him though… or the socks.  He’s at that age where he only wants the fun things… HA HA

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

25 January 2017 12:54 AM # 5

Motherofvegemiteandwonder

PM

My 5 year old daughter is non-mobile and really, really hates to feel cold. We got her one of those mermaid tail knit blankets for Christmas and she adores it. It is split halfway up the back, so easy to put on her, even if she’s in her wheelchair. And she looks adorable with it on.

The present that was a total flop was the musical mat - the kind that when you touch different parts of the mat, different notes or music will play. She isn’t interested in the slightest.

18 April 2017 09:45 PM # 6

Kerry-Ann Fender

PM

For our boy, Freddie, who is eight and has Down’s Syndrome, the biggest hit of Christmas was a stripy knitted Sock puppet with glasses. He nicknamed it ‘Grandad’ and sometimes when he won’t listen to me he WILL listen to ‘Grandad’

Register to Post a Reply