Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

When a Firefly Reaches Out

Healing Heart

PM

Ever have one of those days when everything you touch literally falls to crap?  Kind of has been the story of my life this week.  Lost access to work I’ve done for over 4 years, my accounts hacked, credit card information stolen, losing really everything I’ve worked so hard for within the special needs community, a special needs child that is sick, travel plans coming up quickly, luggage that doesn’t zip, a promissory note that I signed to pay for a $6,500 wheelchair if insurance declines to pay for it…. you know the things that make you sick to your stomach and you think the world isn’t on your side…

Then when you least expect it a little Firefly reaches out so very far away and she takes your hand in an email and tells you it’s all going to be okay and the world still loves you anyway.  Even if it feels like the stars are falling.

That’s the true meaning of special needs support and I’m so very thankful for those moments when someone wants to be there and reach out to hold your hand through the really challenging times life throws your way.

Bless you little Firefly :)

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

22 October 2014 03:39 PM # 1

the monkey puzzler

PM

Sounds like a pretty rough week - hoping things turn for the better soon.

22 October 2014 11:23 PM # 2

Supermum

PM

Sending lots of hugs and positivity your way and hope tomorrow is a better day, as the saying goes “it never rains but it pours”
Those fireflies are pretty awesome ❤️

23 October 2014 01:27 PM # 3

munam

PM

Hello there Healing Heart Ladby rid, just read your post and by now I hope you’re feeling much better.  Yes, there are days when things feel so bad that you wonder how you will get through but believe you me, you will. More member that behind every cloud there’s a silver lining,  I hope your silver lining is shining right now for you.  Cheer up, take heart and things will get better.

23 October 2014 01:29 PM # 4

munam

PM

Hello there Healing Heart Lady Bird, just read your post and by now I hope you’re feeling much better.  Yes, there are days when things feel so bad that you wonder how you will get through but believe you me, you will. More member that behind every cloud there’s a silver lining,  I hope your silver lining is shining right now for you.  Cheer up, take heart and things will get better.

27 October 2014 03:05 AM # 5

Healing Heart

PM
munam - 23 October 2014 01:29 PM

Hello there Healing Heart Lady Bird, just read your post and by now I hope you’re feeling much better.  Yes, there are days when things feel so bad that you wonder how you will get through but believe you me, you will. More member that behind every cloud there’s a silver lining,  I hope your silver lining is shining right now for you.  Cheer up, take heart and things will get better.

Trying hard to find that silver lining, has certainly been one of those weeks that could likely be voted one of the worst weeks ever.  There are moments when you ask yourself if even have what it takes to start all over… praying for some better days ahead.  Thank you for all your love and kindness.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply