Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Songs dedicated to our SN kids

Tetraspecial

PM

I was driving along the other day and Michael Buble’s ‘Everything’ came on the radio.  I found myself washed away with the lyrics and emotion of the song because it really reflected how I feel about my little superstar. One particular line that hits a nerve “In this crazy life, through these crazy times, it’s you, it’s you, you make me sing”.

Another song I love is You are so Beautiful by Joe Cocker.  The lyrics are simple but strong: “You’re everything I hoped for, you’re everything I need, You are so beautiful, to me”.

Would love to hear what other songs are close to people’s hearts and the lyrics that pull at your heartstrings!

Signature

Mum to a genetically enhanced superhero…
Amateur Firefly blogger…
Embracing this scary and wonderful special needs journey…

20 October 2016 09:29 PM # 1

Brody, Me & GDD

PM

Too many! At the moment, Sia The Greatest “I’ve got stamina”.

Roar, Katy Perry
You’ve Got A Friend In Me, Toy Story

I could go on and on lol x

14 December 2016 05:30 PM # 2

Healing Heart

PM

Oh man, music is a big thing for me - there are lots that are special or remind me of our journey.  I really like Jason Mraz, I Won’t Give Up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1-4u9W-bns

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

10 February 2017 08:28 AM # 3

chickady07

PM

“Godspeed” by the dixie chicks is my song for my son. I started singing to him the first time he was in the hospital and now it’s just his song.

“Safe and Sound” by Matthew west is my song to my daughter

13 February 2017 01:49 PM # 4

AlwaysRunning

PM

Mine is Swedish House Mafia Don’t You Worry Child and I love Florence & the Machine - Dog Days are Over

18 April 2017 09:29 PM # 5

Kerry-Ann Fender

PM

For me, Wires by Athlete - very emotive for any parent who’s had a child in NICU, especially over Christmas. And, though not specifically applicable to my children exactly ‘Upside Down’ by Paloma Faith, because we don’t quite live our lives the way typical families do, but I’m more than ok with that.

02 May 2017 01:21 AM # 6

Healing Heart

PM
Kerry-Ann Fender - 18 April 2017 09:29 PM

For me, Wires by Athlete - very emotive for any parent who’s had a child in NICU, especially over Christmas. And, though not specifically applicable to my children exactly ‘Upside Down’ by Paloma Faith, because we don’t quite live our lives the way typical families do, but I’m more than ok with that.

I’d never heard Wires by Athlete before… and I’m a music person so of course I You-tube it… and cried big tears… my son was a NICU baby at Christmas… some wounds just will never heal.  Thanks for sharing.

Signature

13 May 2017 02:48 PM # 7

albert

PM

I teach in a Life Skills classroom and the song and video by X Ambassadoors ” Renegade” is a touching and inspirational video.  In short it talks and shows how people can do anything just differently.

22 May 2017 08:29 AM # 8

AlwaysRunning

PM

Yeah good shout - I love that song!

01 June 2017 05:42 PM # 9

Healing Heart

PM
albert - 13 May 2017 02:48 PM

I teach in a Life Skills classroom and the song and video by X Ambassadoors ” Renegade” is a touching and inspirational video.  In short it talks and shows how people can do anything just differently.

Was a great video thanks for posting

Signature

Register to Post a Reply