Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

A World Without Downs?

Brody, Me & GDD

PM

Did anyone watch A World Without Downs? I thought it was really well made. Great to see Hayley from Downs Side Up on there too!

06 October 2016 10:17 PM # 1

AlwaysRunning

PM

I’ve still to watch it.  I need to prepare myself for certain things and I just wasn’t feeling it yesterday. But have read some of the views and I think my favourite comment is Sally Phillips ‘not a disease a type of person’

09 October 2016 12:01 PM # 2

inclusive home

PM

I thought it was a fab programme.  Sad that it the pro-life/pro-choice argument seems to be overshadowing it a bit on social media.  I thought they did a great job and were in fact trying to say that’s not what it was about - that the question is actually - Why are families not provided with balanced information in order to make their own informed choice?

09 October 2016 08:37 PM # 3

Brody, Me & GDD

PM

Agree with you Vaila completely.

It’s great that it has all had such a great publicity. I’ve seen so many articles online now about it.

x

16 October 2016 11:32 PM # 4

Healing Heart

PM
the inclusive home - 09 October 2016 12:01 PM

I thought it was a fab programme.  Sad that it the pro-life/pro-choice argument seems to be overshadowing it a bit on social media.  I thought they did a great job and were in fact trying to say that’s not what it was about - that the question is actually - Why are families not provided with balanced information in order to make their own informed choice?

I agree it’s disappointing that social media twists things around to make these types of issues pro-life/pro-choice - when in reality it should just be simple information sharing and perhaps even educational tools provided in a medical setting.  And it would be great if western medicine didn’t have a biased opinion on children born with disabilities.  I do worry the medical profession places less importance of a life not born “perfect” and perhaps sways parents in a direction they may not have otherwise chosen. 

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply