Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Special Needs Movies

Healing Heart

PM

I think I’ve always been a sensitive person - but give me a special needs child and it took me to an entirely new level.  I can cry at Hallmark commercials and I’m not even expecting a baby…. HA.  My level of sympathy and empathy is so heightened that you could tell me that your child spoke a word for the first time, and I’d be over here crying as I type. 

So naturally movies dealing with special needs topics can cause me to go through an entire box of Kleenex because I feel what this journey is like.

I remember watching the movie Extraordinary Circumstances and feeling that I’d do anything to help my child too - anything and he wasn’t even a year old when this movie came out - it likely was the first movie I watched after becoming a special needs parent.  And it spoke to me.  Because I knew no matter what the cost, no matter what it took, no matter how financially ruined I became.  I had one mission to be the very best I could be for him.  And reminded me I can never stop chasing miracles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZV_bMgB-zA

Upon recommendation from a friend across the pond, I recently watched the movie The Intouchables.  Although I’m not a big fan of subtitles, I loved this movie, it had a beautiful message and a must watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7g_OjLKeZ4

Do you have a favorite special needs related movie?

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

20 October 2014 10:09 PM # 1

Supermum

PM

I have my favourites “I am Sam”  with fantastic acting by Sean Penn as an adult with special needs.

And my old time favourite has to be Forrest Gump.

23 October 2014 01:36 PM # 2

munam

PM

Yes, I saw I am Sam.  Beautiful movie and wonderfully acted.  Will make a note of the other two you mentioned and watch them,

Register to Post a Reply