Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

CBD Oil Therapy

Sylvia

PM

Not sure if this is really considered therapy or not, But I decided to post this here! I’m wondering if anyone has any experience using CBD (cannabis) oil for pain management?  I just recently read that some people are having success with it for pain management. We were using it to try to help control my daughter’s seizures, but it didn’t really seem to have much of an effect on her.

16 September 2016 01:52 PM # 1

firefly3657

PM

My understanding is that CBD oil used for seizures in children contains little to no THC, which is the chemical that makes you high. It’s the THC in particular that offers pain relief as well, so the CBD oil without it isn’t likely to do much for pain.

22 September 2016 09:11 AM # 2

AlwaysRunning

PM

Sorry to hear your daughter isn’t getting any relief with the CBD oil. Have no knowledge of this but didn’t want to read and run x

30 September 2016 04:04 AM # 3

Healing Heart

PM

We have experience with CBD/THC ratios - I don’t really know about the pain management part - our purpose was mostly for spasticity, but I can say that different products produce different results and while everyone gravitates towards the brands that they legally can acquire via mail, that doesn’t always mean it’s the best. Sometimes they way it’s administered also effects the success rate.  Some parents are doing suppository application, some are using creams and some are using patches - and some still prefer the oils.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

03 November 2016 04:41 PM # 4

J Shenal

PM

I wish I could be more helpful on the pain management front. My son takes CBD Oil for ADHD/Anxiety/Behavior issues.  I thought of trying it with my daughter for her seizures, but have not started it yet.  I can say that my son used to complain of tummy aches before we started CBD and he never does now! Good luck to you!

14 December 2016 05:36 PM # 5

Healing Heart

PM

So ironically in recent months we’ve actually tried CBD for pain management in the form of a topical ointment lotion/gel and it is working well.  Just wanted to let you know I think it’s working really well and would recommend it.  In case you wanted to research it Mary’s Medicinals makes a really great line - they even have a product that has like CBD mixed in with the hot/cool of a Bengay or sports muscle relief product.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply