Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

I’m at the end of my tether - The School Holidays -

AlwaysRunning

PM

8 weeks of school holidays started last Friday - we’re on day 3 and I’m already stressing. Not helped by the fact the weather is miserable! I’ve spent too much money on craft materials and DVDs, shouted quite a lot and drank wine on a week night! HELP

What are your tips for surviving school holidays?

06 July 2016 09:39 PM # 1

Ger Mac

PM

I hear ya.
It has been hard. I applied for a summer camp and extra provision for help during July, which my hubby forgot to post ..I am not angry anymore…
Summer sucks!!!!
I’d love to change this 8 week holiday especially since our kiddies with extra needs find it very very stressful ( well, mine does)
Two weeks is enough !
If I had advice or a magic wand—I think I’d make a couple of million!
All I do is try my best not to lose my s**t and try to remember that my son finds this ‘break’ way more painful than I do and that it is his dad’s fault we’ve no help over July…again, I am no longer angry !!!!

Signature

GerMac

07 July 2016 03:03 PM # 2

AlwaysRunning

PM

OMG - I’d actually throttle him! I hope he’s feeling suitably guilty!

Why does it have to be soooo LONG!

07 July 2016 06:12 PM # 3

Ger Mac

PM

He surprised me with a holiday in Spain while organizing respite for my eldest and my youngest is sorted too for his own mini break while our middle guy plus my BF and her son are coming ...so after that I kind of had to let it go…tell ya what though, I’ve learned a lesson ...I’ll never trust him to post a post card ever again

Signature

GerMac

18 July 2016 12:08 PM # 4

AlwaysRunning

PM

Sounds like he has redeemed himself admirably! But yeah next time post it yourself…lol

30 September 2016 03:11 AM # 5

Healing Heart

PM

I don’t get to survive school holidays… homeschooling…. HA…. but I could totally use a good vacation…. far far far away from emails, phone, and therapies!!!!

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply