Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Therapy Slowing Down with Age

Healing Heart

PM

I’ve noticed that the older my son gets, the less interested treating therapists are to engage and work with him.  It’s almost as if they’ve decided this is as good as it gets for him, and that they are wasting their time trying.  Does anyone else feel like that they have that problem as their children are getting older?

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

18 July 2016 12:10 PM # 1

AlwaysRunning

PM

Yep totally get you - and if I’m honest I think I’ve lost a bit of my mojo in terms of therapy too. The goals change - that’s a definite!

30 September 2016 03:48 AM # 2

Healing Heart

PM
AlwaysRunning - 18 July 2016 12:10 PM

Yep totally get you - and if I’m honest I think I’ve lost a bit of my mojo in terms of therapy too. The goals change - that’s a definite!

That is so true!  I think it’s me too.  I’m burned out - he’s burned out.  It’s like I just am over therapy almost everyday.  Like neither of us are truly living because therapy is always on the horizon… I think I’ve lost a bit of my mojo too… what is the cure for that more coffee????

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply