Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

When You Catch a Therapist Double Billing

Healing Heart

PM

This has happened to me more than once with more than one therapist… I catch them double billing insurance.  Often times it’s hard to catch because Medicaid doesn’t send statements for review, and finding this out usually is pure accident.  But I’m wondering how many other people have found that their therapists are attempting to cheat the system at their child’s expense?

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

18 July 2016 12:11 PM # 1

AlwaysRunning

PM

OMG - I’m totally shocked at this. Not from the US so no experience but would be horrified if this was a regular occurrence. What happens when you challenge this?

30 September 2016 03:50 AM # 2

Healing Heart

PM

That’s really the interesting thing Always Running - usually when I challenge it insurance seems really less than interested in investigating - almost as if they know it happens on a regular basis and it’s not worth their time to deal with it.  The abuse of the system I guess - but it aggravates me to no end because I think no one should ever get paid for services they didn’t deliver.  It’s like everyone is making money by doing nothing.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

16 January 2017 06:08 PM # 3

Sylvia

PM

My daughter used to love hippo therapy and benefitted from it, but the psychologist on duty was caught billing medicaid for services she wasn’t actually providing and the place was shut down. I guess this sort of thing happens more often than we think.  It’s a shame that one person can ruin such a good thing.

Register to Post a Reply