Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Great weekend!

AlwaysRunning

PM

I just wanted to have a cheer! We had a lovely weekend, we spent it with other SN friends at our local Donkey Sanctuary, where my little boy enjoyed the donkeys for the first time ever, then we had great fun swimming and a lovely dinner. Today, we had a few hours respite which was spent in Ikea, one of my favourite places to shop (sad I know) - looking forward to dinner and a cuddle tonight!

19 October 2014 08:01 PM # 1

Supermum

PM

its lovely when you have a nice weekend and everything runs smoothly for a change. Glad you enjoyed it

19 October 2014 08:10 PM # 2

munam

PM

So glad you enjoyed your weekend with your little one.  I have heard such a lot about therapy with animals.  I’ve heard that horses (not too far away from donkeys!!!!!) is also very therapeutic for children with special needs.  You don’t need to do anything fancy to have fun with your child.  See even an outing to Ikea can be fun,  we often just go to the local Mall while Deeda is in her buggy and walk around.  She looks at the people,maybe taking in the supermarket and then go home.  At the end of the days it’s doing things together what counts.

19 October 2014 08:24 PM # 3

Supermum

PM

I love spending time with other families like ours because they totally get you!! You have so much in common with them and if your in a group we understand some kids cry and shout and have sensory issues,

19 October 2014 08:39 PM # 4

munam

PM

Yes, I totally agree with you.  People with “normal” children really have no idea how it is when your little one is rolling around in their buggy or wheelchair .  It’s good to be able to let off steam with other mums who totally understand what it’s like

20 October 2014 03:07 AM # 5

Healing Heart

PM

Sometimes it’s the little things that make for the very best days.  Then you feel ready to take on the world yet again after a rejuvenating good day.  Those days are so important to keep us going strong.  And being in the company of other special needs parents makes it extra helpful ;)

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply