Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

PPod, Bath Seat & Nessie by SOS

Healing Heart

PM

We purchased a PPod last December for our son, which we adore.  It’s hands down our favorite piece of lounge equipment for him.  Finally a chair that can handle his high tone and offer his body complete comfort.  We also purchased the Nessie along with it for tummy time and improving head control, and we really liked that too (although I wish I could have afforded a larger size).  And just when I thought things couldn’t get any better, we were able to find loving help to import that SOS custom bath seat.  We have nothing like it here in the US, and it is nothing short of amazing.  This design concept needs to be more widely manufactured by vendors worldwide.  Thousands of children with special needs would be so comfortable and safe in this model.  Gets 10 stars!

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

13 October 2014 03:56 PM # 1

AlwaysRunning

PM

Wish I’d heard of the Nessie when my little boy was younger! Just had a look at it and it looks super!

13 October 2014 05:00 PM # 2

Healing Heart

PM

The Nessie is great, it still may work well for slightly older children,  I know they say babies to toddlers.  However we purchased the size small (I wish it were bigger) but it still works well.  And I think they have a medium to large.  Our son is almost 6, so I would imagine if I did have the large it might fit him well until age 8-9?

Signature

16 October 2014 10:07 PM # 3

Healing Heart

PM
McAnulty125857 - 16 October 2014 09:03 PM

We love the ppod, we got it as a comfortable lounging chair too.  We wanted something that was not so structured and restrictive especially for after the bath and something to drop him into when coming in from outside, rather than having 8 buckles and straps to fasten.  It is comfortable and he is relaxed in it, just one BUT it is so reclined he can’t watch TV in it, no matter how we puff it up, he is still not upright enough.

I have found that the Jupiter chair by JCM and the Comfee Seat by Leckey offer a more upright kind of seating for recreation.  But do love the PPod so much, my little guy does some of his therapy while sitting in it.

Signature

Register to Post a Reply