Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

SN buggy for rough terrain

GrandpaJohn

PM

We have a SN buggy for my granddaughter but it doesn’t handle rough terrain too well. Someone recommended the Delichon Delta SN buggy ... anyone any recommendation or used the Delichon Delta themselves?

16 October 2014 08:21 PM # 1

Healing Heart

PM
GrandpaJohn - 16 October 2014 04:33 PM

We have a SN buggy for my granddaughter but it doesn’t handle rough terrain too well. Someone recommended the Delichon Delta SN buggy ... anyone any recommendation or used the Delichon Delta themselves?

I’ve heard really good things about this model, but have no personal experience with it.  What I really like about the Delichon is the ability to have straps for the feet.  Something that isn’t in very many all-terrain models.  We do have experience with the Special Tomato EIO and Jogger (they get us by and have a reasonable out-of-pocket price) doesn’t have necessarily all the supports I wish it had. 

I also really like the Liberty model - the sunshade is has is amazing, and I believe it’s a UK model.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

18 October 2014 11:27 AM # 2

Waggytale

PM

We have had a delta for about 5 years, it’s brilliant. We couldn’t do dog walking without it. Brakes on the handles mean that you can come down very steep slopes under control and I’ve never found a terrain that it hasn’t coped with. And it has a rain cover and sun shade. Also as the seat is quite deep and slightly reclined,  it gave my daughter the support she needed as she couldn’t sit up independently to start with. She’s 7 now and quite tall so I’m beginning to think that we need to upgrade to the next size.
We got funding for it with the family fund as it was quite expensive.

Register to Post a Reply