Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

When Things Get Discontinued!

Healing Heart

PM

Granted, it’s a pain when something you love or use gets discontinued - but it takes it to a whole new level when they discontinue a product that you absolutely need for you child with special needs.  I’m SO frustrated to learn today that 100 percent disposable bottles that we still need if we leave home or travel have been discontinued!  And a high calorie food line that we loved - poof gone, diapers I loved… poof gone!  If only companies knew and understood how dependent we are on things that work that they decide to get rid of :(  My little rant for the day for those who can relate….

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

12 October 2014 02:08 PM # 1

AlwaysRunning

PM

Totally get what you mean - this happened to us with the only desserts my son could eat. It was a nightmare trying to find an alternative!

12 October 2014 06:43 PM # 2

maura5boys

PM

Its sometimes the simplest things that can cause you the most grief, ours was a Tommee Tippee dummy that was designed for premature babies although our son wasn’t premmie it was the best dummy that he could hold in his mouth while in the neonatal on c-pap… He eventually started to thumb suck as it was the next best thing.

13 October 2014 07:07 PM # 3

Healing Heart

PM

Yes totally!  I think the bottle line that we liked also was a Tommee Tippee.  I was wondering if these disposable bottles were still available in the UK or just discontinued only here in the US.

Signature

13 October 2014 08:21 PM # 4

Yollypanda

PM

So frustrating! I remember the days when a discontinued foundation or perfume would send me into rage! How times have changed.

14 October 2014 02:40 AM # 5

whoopiect

PM

We use the plain Gerber bottles , plastic and they have changed the nipple shape… UM HUGE CRISIS due to Conlans suvkinh and sensory needs. Also, comlan eats about 20 foods tops and our grocery store discontinued the only flavors he will eat to 3 of the foods and our favorite diapers were not discontinued but made differently. Such a shame!

23 October 2014 01:47 PM # 6

munam

PM

Manufacturers and stores have literally no idea how the knock on effect has on anyone with special needs children,  how discontinuing a product can cause so many problems for the consumer.  Wish there was some sort of forum launched so that companies had to register before discontinuing a product.  U fortunately most of them just want to raise their profit margins and do t give a hoot about who might actually really need the product.  Hope you all find some sort of replacement for the products which have been discontinued,

27 October 2014 03:03 AM # 7

Healing Heart

PM
munam - 23 October 2014 01:47 PM

Manufacturers and stores have literally no idea how the knock on effect has on anyone with special needs children,  how discontinuing a product can cause so many problems for the consumer.  Wish there was some sort of forum launched so that companies had to register before discontinuing a product.  U fortunately most of them just want to raise their profit margins and do t give a hoot about who might actually really need the product.  Hope you all find some sort of replacement for the products which have been discontinued,

We’re now trying to find a similar product in the UK… but not sure it will arrive in time for when I need it!  :(

Signature

Register to Post a Reply