Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

MVE (Most Valuable Equipment)

Healing Heart

PM

If you could recommend only one piece of equipment to another parent who has a child with special needs which one do you think you’d pick?  Doesn’t even have to be a specifically designed for a special needs child.  Could be something you found that just worked really well along the way.

Although it’s not made anymore.  If it were still around, I’d recommend all families with younger children unable to sit independently or had minimal trunk control to purchase the Hugga Bebe.  Was a fab product that I wish was still around for families.  Made the world of difference in the early years. (This is what it used to look like: http://www.toysrus.com/buy/infant-positioners/hugga-bebe-deluxe-infant-support-green-5512284-12004387

What would be your pick?

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

14 October 2014 01:44 PM # 1

AlwaysRunning

PM

Oh that’s a difficult one I think the ipad has to be our choice - a very expensive one but worth every penny! It enables us to have days out and helps in places like busy shopping centres.

14 October 2014 03:33 PM # 2

Healing Heart

PM
AlwaysRunning - 14 October 2014 01:44 PM

Oh that’s a difficult one I think the ipad has to be our choice - a very expensive one but worth every penny! It enables us to have days out and helps in places like busy shopping centres.

Yes the Ipad is an excellent choice, I agree so helpful at appointments and often therapies!

Signature

14 October 2014 03:34 PM # 3

Healing Heart

PM
Jeffares000294 - 14 October 2014 12:50 PM

Most definitely the p pod (bean bag with molded seat) Looks good and not too special needsy and still provides some support. Also we can manage to squeeze in into the WAV for when we go away

The PPod for sure.  We love ours and agree that has also been super essential!

Signature

14 October 2014 11:25 PM # 4

whoopiect

PM

Leckey Easy Seat HANDS DOWN THE BEST PIECE OF EQUIPMENT WE OWN!

18 October 2014 11:59 AM # 5

Waggytale

PM

Bearhugzz bed. It’s her little den, where she is safe and happy reading books and listening to music while I can have a shower! And we can both snuggle up for a story at bedtime. Bedtime used to be so traumatic before as she would pull herself up by the sides of the cot then fall over and bang her head. It would take hours to get her to sleep, now it’s only 10 mins. It did take 2 1/2 years to get the ot to provide one tho!
And tomcat trike. The only bit of real independent movement that my daughter can do is ride her bike! (Although I still have to steer and brake!, easy with the parent handle)
Win swim foam rocket. Allowed her to swim and float without me having to constantly hold her. Unfortunately she’s grown out of it now as it can’t support her weight anymore.

Register to Post a Reply