Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Music Therapy

Supermum

PM

Giving it the big thumbs up as it helped our son lots, it improved his fine motor skills by playing the guitar, communications techniques such as Makaton were introduced and used throughout the session, he got to makes choices and whilst doing all this he was obvious that he was enjoins music with all the hidden extras.

14 October 2014 01:10 AM # 1

Healing Heart

PM

We were thinking about incorporating Music therapy in to our son’s routine, but for him it would look more like someone probably playing music for him and not with him, so that was my hesitation in exploring it.  I kind of was hoping he’d be able to participate in some way.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

14 October 2014 09:42 PM # 2

AlwaysRunning

PM

We’re looking into some music therapy for our little boy too I’m hoping it’s something that his brother would enjoy too!

15 October 2014 12:54 PM # 3

Mama Lewis

PM

My daughter loves music therapy and it has helped her enormously. She loves musical instruments and even with her severe disabilities she can reach out and bang chimes and strum a guitar. I put her skills at reaching and touching things down completely to music therapy. It’s brilliant - highly recommended.

Signature

from Stacie Lewis, mother to May and Ieuan!

http://www.mamalewis.com

06 February 2015 10:53 PM # 4

jburger83

PM

Have people used Nordoff Robbins in London at all? I think I heard that Classic FM were sponsoring them as their Christmas appeal a while back, but I don’t know much more. At Addenbrookes (Cambridge) they offer music therapy at their child development centre under NHS. Nothing so exciting or progressive around our neck of the woods sadly!

10 February 2015 02:34 PM # 5

sbain

PM

We get music therapy through Nordoff-Robbins in Croydon. I can’t recommend them highly enough, they have been amazing for my little boy. His range of vocalisation are increased a lot since we started and best of all he thoroughly enjoys his sessions!

Register to Post a Reply