Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Only 1 Therapy….

Healing Heart

PM

If you were told that you could only pick one therapy for your child and had to give up the rest which one would you chose to keep and why?

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

24 April 2015 04:34 AM # 1

Melissa Moos

PM

I would keep occupational therapy. Our OT works on feeding and some vision as well as fine and gross motor skills. She is awesome!! would not giver her up for anything.

28 April 2015 12:07 AM # 2

Becca T

PM

I would have said physical therapy-really loved our early intervention therapist, and then our therapist at Children’s therapy center. And PT is so essential to my B. We recently relocated from USA to the UK and are just establishing all her therapies, so hard to say which one I’d keep. What about you, Healing Heart?

03 May 2015 04:22 AM # 3

Healing Heart

PM
Becca T - 28 April 2015 12:07 AM

I would have said physical therapy-really loved our early intervention therapist, and then our therapist at Children’s therapy center. And PT is so essential to my B. We recently relocated from USA to the UK and are just establishing all her therapies, so hard to say which one I’d keep. What about you, Healing Heart?

You will have to keep me posted about your transition from the USA to the UK Becca - something I have given a lot of thought to, in the back of my mind wondering if the help would be better in the UK for a child with special needs….
I think it might be a toss up for me - I think I’ve seen the most results for our son using MNRI and ABM/Feldenkrais so I’d likely pick one of those two.

Signature

04 May 2015 09:32 AM # 4

Becca T

PM

Wow, I hadn’t heard of both of those methods. Just looked them up and read a bit about them, look amazing! I will have to enquire does anyone practice them here in N. Ireland! I’ll for sure keep you posted on how the transition to UK goes and how I feel services compare in US/ UK.  Too early to judge yet :)

05 May 2015 08:22 PM # 5

Healing Heart

PM
Becca T - 04 May 2015 09:32 AM

Wow, I hadn’t heard of both of those methods. Just looked them up and read a bit about them, look amazing! I will have to enquire does anyone practice them here in N. Ireland! I’ll for sure keep you posted on how the transition to UK goes and how I feel services compare in US/ UK.  Too early to judge yet :)

I think they have Feldenrkais in Northern Ireland - but I don’t think that MNRI is there yet.  Here’s a link t some natural therapies (they are deemed her in the states as “alternative therapies”)  looks like in Northern Ireland they call them natural therapies. http://www.naturaltherapypages.co.uk/structural/northern_ireland/Feldenkrais

Signature

Register to Post a Reply