Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

present ideas

louisew

PM

Help!!! Its nearly that time of year.

My daughter was 4 last month and we struggle every year for christmas and birthday present ideas, she loves lights and sounds but we have so many toys for babies i want to get her something different any ideas???

13 October 2014 03:59 PM # 1

AlwaysRunning

PM

This isn’t maybe what you had in mind but what about a family membership for a local zoo or wildlife centre or even national trust if you’re UK based!

We’re the same we struggle every year or replace toys we already have!

13 October 2014 04:55 PM # 2

Healing Heart

PM

This group assists with special needs gift ideas each year
https://www.facebook.com/groups/193089027492954/

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

14 October 2014 11:37 PM # 3

whoopiect

PM

One of my favorite is a Little Tikes mirror toy, perfect for therapy time, etc…

http://www.littletikes.com/baby-toys/activity-garden-safe-n-fun-mirror/invt/632068

Also a robe, we buy a bucket of Crayola Air Dry Clay and paint (just got it for his bday) to make handprint ornaments for xmas, also from Etsy I got him a sign with a Dr.Suess quote for his bedroom that says “why fit in when you were born to stand out,” a piggy bank, a cd player w soothing nighttime relaxing music, a blowup sensory bin (amazon has these,) the group above is great but my son is 6 now and we totally stay away from baby light up toys. We own everyone already anyways but hes a big boy now even though completely nonabulatory and nonverbal. An art easel that you can pull up to there wheelchair/activity chair and let them fingerpaint on! The ideas are endless! No more baby toys though. Im with ya 100 percent!

16 October 2014 02:56 PM # 4

Supermum

PM

We are out of ideas as well so this Ur have decided to get an aquarium for him bedroom.
Might steal the art easel idea. Cheers x

18 October 2014 11:44 AM # 5

Waggytale

PM

We use a table easel that is magnetic to put on her wheelchair table then she can access leapfrog phonics toys for her spelling.
How about a sensory box/bag filled with different scraps of material ( sequinned, soft , rough, fluffy) light up hand fan, torches, beads, squishy/hard/prickly balls etc anything with different textures found around the house. My daughter loves pulling out different things to explore. I talk about the thing as she has it.
What about a crayola glow station - glow in the dark pen that you can draw with on a plastic sheet which slowly fades (a bit like drawing in the air with a sparkler)

18 October 2014 11:46 AM # 6

Waggytale

PM

Or a keyboard, which is more age appropriate and have lots of preset sounds at the press ofa button.

18 October 2014 04:39 PM # 7

munam

PM

We have bought a sandpit from Early Learning Centre with the sand which is clean and non toxic.  Our little grand daughter hated the feel of it at first but now she loves it.  Helps with the sensory stimulation as well.

01 November 2014 10:05 PM # 8

Supermum

PM

Love the crayons.glow idea must go and have a look,
My wee man loves arts and crafts so Iv asked family to buy some

Register to Post a Reply