Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Wheelchair / SN buggy for 4yo

Little_em

PM

I’m trying to find an appropriate SN buggy/wheelchair for my 4yo son and I’m looking for suggestions. He is unable to sit unaided so needs full support. I’d like it to face both ways so I can check for seizures. It also needs to tilt/recline significantly as he needs resuscitating with a bag and mask sometimes so I need to be able to get good airway access. He’s currently got a kimba neo but it just doesn’t offer enough postural support for him and he slumps in it. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
Xxx

13 October 2014 06:56 PM # 1

Healing Heart

PM

Have you had a chance to look at the Kimba Kosi?  I haven’t had a chance to play with that model, although I’ve got one on order in pictures it looks like it has the potential to offer better support with improved head/side/trunk support.  (I pray I’m not wrong).  If the Kosi would work you’d be able to use the same base I believe.  Other models that might have good potential are the Stingray (although I had that product as a demo for a while and I thought the support was poor) liked how it pushed, that it could face either direction and recline.  Convaid also has a new product out called the Trekker.  I think it isn’t available until November/December of this year that may be an option, however I’m thinking it may not have the best support and could be too similar to the Neo.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

13 October 2014 08:54 PM # 2

emmyisastar

PM

We love the Leckey Squiggles Seating System for my 3.5 year old daughter who has very low trunk tone and minimal head control.

Register to Post a Reply