Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Yoga?

sunmoonandstars

PM

Anyone do yoga with their kids?

13 October 2014 11:44 AM # 1

Little_em

PM

My sobs school offered yoga sessions fir a short time. They were great and I wish they’d continued them. He is unable to sit unaided so it was a very simple form of yoga- lots of stretching. Really helped me appreciate his body though- she helped us look for tightening limbs or click joints- things I’d never has pointed out before. I think it’s definitely worth trying anyway.

14 October 2014 01:12 AM # 2

Healing Heart

PM

Haven’t found a place that will allow children who are unable to sit/stand participate in a program out here.  Would be lovely for sure, I would love to look into it, if they had a program that would accept him with his current limitations.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

30 October 2014 09:55 PM # 3

Julie

PM

We do yoga with our little girl who is nearly 3 years old and is unable to sit up, she loves it, we live in Cheshire and there is a lady who lives in Northwich that does special needs yoga, she does one to one sessions, Charlotte has really benefited from it, we started as she had started to get tight muscles and this really helps, we are amazed at the positions she get in. If you at in the local area her website is http://www.yogababycheshire.co.uk, cannot recommend here enough.

30 October 2014 10:00 PM # 4

Healing Heart

PM
Julie - 30 October 2014 09:55 PM

We do yoga with our little girl who is nearly 3 years old and is unable to sit up, she loves it, we live in Cheshire and there is a lady who lives in Northwich that does special needs yoga, she does one to one sessions, Charlotte has really benefited from it, we started as she had started to get tight muscles and this really helps, we are amazed at the positions she get in. If you at in the local area her website is http://www.yogababycheshire.co.uk, cannot recommend here enough.

I wish I was local Julie!  Would love to do Yoga with you and Charlotte!  Big hugs from across the pond.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

06 February 2015 11:13 PM # 5

jburger83

PM

I read a while ago about a special yoga place in London that hit national news when Samantha Cameron became their patron. I assume that she took her son there. We haven’t been, but their website is here if you live nearby or want to find out more.

http://specialyoga.org.uk

We have done massage for a while having done baby massage when J was tiny (and cried constantly). We now add essential oils to the rubs and do this every night. Some help with tone, others with cognitive awareness or indigestion, and others are just relaxing. There is lots out there on oils for those who are interested.

10 March 2015 04:17 PM # 6

Buttercup

PM

A local yoga instructor comes to our home to do a session with us every month. She is absolutely brilliant, she read Anat Baniel’s book and her approach ties in really well with ABM. My daughter is really motivated to participate in the sessions :D

Register to Post a Reply