Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Welcome to the Firefly Community

FireflyCommunity

PM

Hello Everyone, We are so delighted that the Firefly Community is open!

We hope you enjoy all that the Firefly Community has to offer, but remember this is your space so if you have any ideas or suggestions do get in touch - email us at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). We would love to hear from you.

Together we can make this an amazing place.

From, The Firefly Community

02 November 2014 07:06 PM # 1

munam

PM

Thank you so much for starting up this garden bench where we can all share our views, express our concerns or just talk to someone who we know will read our posts, understand what we are going through and comment back.  It’s an amazing thing to be able to offload our worries and concerns with real people who truly understand our fears, hopes and concerns.  Thanks everybody for contributing

01 August 2015 01:14 AM # 2

nathanjohn

PM

Hi,

my name is sherri and I have a grandson Nathan who was born with a brain injury. Nathan is going to be 3 in September, his injury prevents him from sitting up, walking independently and he has a feeding tube.  It has been a long hard road so far for our family. But Nathan is the most handsome. kind hearted little boy ever. He isn’t able to speak yet but hopefully in time that will change. He starts the Center for Disabilities in September and we have high hopes for him. I was reading one of the posts somebody wrote about their child not being verbal and not being able to her him say I love you mommy…I can understand where she is coming from. even as a grandparent. The struggles my daughter goes through daily is just overwhelming sometimes but she is such a strong woman and excellent mom she keeps track of meds dr appts therapists. Of course we all said to ourselves why him she did everything right but and I am at a loss for words or a reason…My reply to her was God has a reason for everything and it may take awhile to find out that reason or we may never know but he knew you were strong enough to handle a child like this. it may not have been very comforting words but I didn;‘t know what else to say…I have tried to get her to maybe go on hear and write about her feelings or some issues she is having coping with all this thinking maybe somebody who is dealing with the same situation can give her advice or words of wisdom but she is a private kind of person so I said well maybe I will go on and write and see if I get any advice on how to handles all this and to help her handle all this….I give the utmost respect to all families out there dealing with a family member with disabilities really opens your eyes to a lot…God bless you all….

Thank you
Nathan’s Gaga…...

13 August 2015 03:36 PM # 3

FireflyCommunity

PM
nathanjohn - 01 August 2015 01:14 AM

Hi,

my name is sherri and I have a grandson Nathan who was born with a brain injury. Nathan is going to be 3 in September, his injury prevents him from sitting up, walking independently and he has a feeding tube.  It has been a long hard road so far for our family. But Nathan is the most handsome. kind hearted little boy ever. He isn’t able to speak yet but hopefully in time that will change. He starts the Center for Disabilities in September and we have high hopes for him. I was reading one of the posts somebody wrote about their child not being verbal and not being able to her him say I love you mommy…I can understand where she is coming from. even as a grandparent. The struggles my daughter goes through daily is just overwhelming sometimes but she is such a strong woman and excellent mom she keeps track of meds dr appts therapists. Of course we all said to ourselves why him she did everything right but and I am at a loss for words or a reason…My reply to her was God has a reason for everything and it may take awhile to find out that reason or we may never know but he knew you were strong enough to handle a child like this. it may not have been very comforting words but I didn;‘t know what else to say…I have tried to get her to maybe go on hear and write about her feelings or some issues she is having coping with all this thinking maybe somebody who is dealing with the same situation can give her advice or words of wisdom but she is a private kind of person so I said well maybe I will go on and write and see if I get any advice on how to handles all this and to help her handle all this….I give the utmost respect to all families out there dealing with a family member with disabilities really opens your eyes to a lot…God bless you all….

Thank you
Nathan’s Gaga…...

Hi Sherri,

So glad you’ve found the Garden Bench. Lovely to hear about Nathan. We wish him all the very best for his new journey with Center for Disabilities.
If there is anything specific you would like help with do start a new post and we will try our very best to help.

Best wishes, Firefly Garden

06 April 2016 05:13 PM # 4

Firefly Louise

PM

Hi, looking forward to meeting everyone.

13 April 2016 01:02 AM # 5

YellowDaisy

PM

Hello!

Introducing myself—I am mama to Scribbler, age 9 who has autism, and BabyBear, age 2, who has multiple disabilities and brain malformations.  I’m a stay at home mom in Maryland.  We’ve used the UpSee, Scoot and old style Go To seat for BabyBear and had great results!  I’m really interested in learning about new techniques and therapies to help my girls encounter the world!

Signature

Mama to Scribbler and BabyBear

21 April 2016 01:50 AM # 6

MommyMonkey

PM

Hi.
I’m M., mom to Mac, 8 years old, Dx autism, dyspraxia, dyslexia and dysphasia, Loli, 6 years old, Dx autism, dyspraxia, dysphasia, Titi, 4 years old, Dx autism, global retardation and pica syndrom, and Moo, 2 years old, one and only neurotypical child in our family.

I don’t know exactly what I’m looking for, but I’m sure I will make a lot of new discoveries.

10 May 2016 11:23 AM # 7

SharonWilliams

PM

Excellent site! So glad someone started this up, I am new mum so I need all the help and support I can get, it’s not easy.

Signature

29 September 2016 12:37 PM # 8

kittiekate

PM

Hello,
My name is Kittie and I’m a mother of two. My children are currently 8 and 1 years old. Both my my children have troubling medical conditions and I’m hoping that this community will welcome me because I need someone to discuss things with and maybe gain some insight in to others have dealt with similar issues. On a more positive note this will be a great opportunity to make some similar minded friends! :)

30 September 2016 03:42 AM # 9

Healing Heart

PM
kittiekate - 29 September 2016 12:37 PM

Hello,
My name is Kittie and I’m a mother of two. My children are currently 8 and 1 years old. Both my my children have troubling medical conditions and I’m hoping that this community will welcome me because I need someone to discuss things with and maybe gain some insight in to others have dealt with similar issues. On a more positive note this will be a great opportunity to make some similar minded friends! :)

Kittie is that really your avatar pic?  It’s okay if it is - I just was wanting to make sure the Firefly forum hadn’t been hacked…

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

01 March 2017 10:43 AM # 10

Nicolefmcln

PM

Hi Im Nicole Mother of two girls. My eldest Olivia was born at 28 weeks As a result from NEC (bowel complication) she needed surgery, as a result of lack of oxygen she suffered severe bran damage this lead to Periventricular leukomalacia. At three she was disgnosed with Spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy. She’s now four and has a multitude of medical diagnosis.

I created a blog last year to share our journey, past & present. I’m always on the lookout for communities to join as I never did during the first few years. I was lost and confused. I realised that these forums are fantastic for advice and support so here I am.

Signature

Nicole McClean - Creator of Liv+Phea

25 July 2017 06:20 AM # 11

CJMoffitt

PM

Thank you so much for starting this community this will be a great help to know more about different products and also ask queries regarding any product.

Register to Post a Reply