Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Secondary Provision

Tina

PM

Hi All

I’m struggling to work out what is going to be the best provision for KS3 for my son and trying not to get into a panic. The practical side of me has started to contact people who may be able to help, SENDIASS, local parent carer forums and contacting different schools in the area so I can compile a shortlist of ones to visit. He’s currently in mainstream but it’s so hard to work out what type of place will be best for him in 2 years time but I know I have to start somewhere.  He has a diagnosis of autism and is managing well at the moment in mainstream but a transition to secondary for any child is hard and not sure whether his needs would be suited to somewhere like there.

Any advice?

24 May 2017 01:20 PM # 1

AlwaysRunning

PM

Only just spotted this - it sounds like you are already doing all the right things. Is KS3 Key Stage 3?

28 May 2017 06:58 AM # 2

Tina

PM

Hi

yes that’s correct - apologies I should have made that clear :-)

01 June 2017 05:29 PM # 3

Healing Heart

PM
Tina - 06 May 2017 07:24 AM

Hi All

I’m struggling to work out what is going to be the best provision for KS3 for my son and trying not to get into a panic. The practical side of me has started to contact people who may be able to help, SENDIASS, local parent carer forums and contacting different schools in the area so I can compile a shortlist of ones to visit. He’s currently in mainstream but it’s so hard to work out what type of place will be best for him in 2 years time but I know I have to start somewhere.  He has a diagnosis of autism and is managing well at the moment in mainstream but a transition to secondary for any child is hard and not sure whether his needs would be suited to somewhere like there.

Any advice?

It sounds like it may work differently where you are than where I am - do you have wait lists for schooling programs there?

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply