Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Down & Out

Healing Heart

PM

Mom’s giving me your restoration for when you fee like life has sucked all it can out of you…. just feeling so drained.  Emotionally, I feel sad and withdrawn.  I don’t want to talk to people - I am purposefully avoiding them if they try, I run the other direction if someone asks how I’m doing.  (because it should be obvious) I’m struggling.  I feel like I’ve been overwhelmed for so long that I just need to find a quiet island and go there with my family and hide out.  Therapy feels like a monkey and chore on my chest and having people in and out of my home all the time… Medicaid denials are suffocating me… my kids aren’t well… doctors won’t listen… I can’t win for trying these days.  Even coffee isn’t helping and I ate up my stash of UK candy months ago… lol What will make me feel better?

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

12 June 2017 01:45 PM # 1

J Shenal

PM

I was having many days like this myself…Coffee is usually my #1 go-to, and also love my chocolate!  Yesterday, I sat in the sun with a book (a romance novel, not a book like I usually read related to disabilities, Autism, etc.)  I sat outside by myself for an hour in the sun, reading and listening to music.  I honestly felt recharged afterwards.  I will make sure to find time to do this more often. Moms need to just step away sometimes and enjoy a little “me time.” :-)

12 June 2017 03:43 PM # 2

Healing Heart

PM
J Shenal - 12 June 2017 01:45 PM

I was having many days like this myself…Coffee is usually my #1 go-to, and also love my chocolate!  Yesterday, I sat in the sun with a book (a romance novel, not a book like I usually read related to disabilities, Autism, etc.)  I sat outside by myself for an hour in the sun, reading and listening to music.  I honestly felt recharged afterwards.  I will make sure to find time to do this more often. Moms need to just step away sometimes and enjoy a little “me time.” :-)

I feel like I do nothing but inhale coffee 22 hours out of the day… HA.  I do love chocolate but sadly the only kind is UK chocolate - once you’ve tasted it USA chocolate is a major disappointment.  I haven’t had much time to read really, unless it’s a legal proceeding regarding an equipment denial (not the kind of reading that actually makes me feel better in any way) I think that’s part of the problem, I’m just being continually hit with nothing but difficult things all day long, so I don’t even have much chance to breath or recover from all of the day’s events.  Thank you for your response, it was so kind and appreciated.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

10 October 2017 07:29 PM # 3

Lemming

PM

I have been in your situation. It can be very lonely and I felt that the professionals didn’t understand or offer help. I went to a group with other families just for coffee and company while the children played if they were able to. It didn’t solve problems but it was good to talk to people who were going through similar issues. And sometimes they could give advice too!

Register to Post a Reply