Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Camel Milk

Healing Heart

PM

Okay people… talk to me about Camel Milk.  I stumbled across this large FB group called Healing with Camel Milk.  People are swearing by milestones and developmental progress by feeding raw camel milk to their children.  It’s a large group with some 7,000 plus members so I am assuming there is something to it?  I haven’t heard of it before so I’m trying to learn all I can to see if I should try it or not.  It looks expensive (what isn’t right?) and I am not sure if it’s just a trend or if there is something really to it.  Anyone tried camel milk with their kids?  experiences?

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

18 April 2017 09:21 PM # 1

Kerry-Ann Fender

PM

The only things I’ve read about camel milk were on adult autism self-advocacy pages. They seemed to be if the opinion that camel milk was just another of a long list of quack remedies peddled to desperate parents. Whether there are any adults who have ever tried camel milk for themselves I do not know. It might be worth exploring this - I have found knowledge shared by autistic adults Very useful in the past - they more than anyone are the peers in the field.

02 May 2017 01:17 AM # 2

Healing Heart

PM
Kerry-Ann Fender - 18 April 2017 09:21 PM

The only things I’ve read about camel milk were on adult autism self-advocacy pages. They seemed to be if the opinion that camel milk was just another of a long list of quack remedies peddled to desperate parents. Whether there are any adults who have ever tried camel milk for themselves I do not know. It might be worth exploring this - I have found knowledge shared by autistic adults Very useful in the past - they more than anyone are the peers in the field.

I am kind of on the fence I think about camel milk being unpasteurized and the potential for bugs like TB etc.  Although, lean towards holistic/organic etc I’m just not sure what to think about camel milk. I wouldn’t be treating Autism or any behavioral issues either so perhaps it wouldn’t be the right thing for us anyway

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply