Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Safety bed for a growing child

J Shenal

PM

We’ve been discussing looking into safety beds for our daughter who is 6 years old, and still sleeping in her crib.  She is small, but finally hitting a growth spurt.  Before she becomes uncomfortable, we know that it’s time to look for a new bed.  Needing something that she can not fall out of, we want to know what type of bed other parents of disabled kiddos would recommend? Thanks! :-)

12 March 2017 09:38 PM # 1

Angelyn

PM

Our son is only three and a half, but he’s a big boy, and we are currently able to keep him safe in a hospital bed with side rails.  We do have nursing care in our home though, so they are always supervising.

Signature

Angelyn

13 March 2017 10:52 AM # 2

AlwaysRunning

PM

We got our bed from Theraposture - It’s a Mascot bed made by Kayserbetten.

Here’s the link http://www.theraposture.co.uk/cots/mascot

05 April 2017 09:36 PM # 3

Healing Heart

PM

We have a full size Sleep Safe Bed that I love.
http://sleepsafebed.com/

And I just acquired a travel bed (although I’d have to find a full size mattress wherever I take it in order to be able to use it) as the mattress pad gets stuffed in the middle like a sleeping bag of sorts that is enclosed - it is called the Safety Sleeper

Hands down I love the Sleep Safe bed,  - my son is safe in it and needs the full size so he can try to flip himself over when needed which decreases the pressure sore problems.  It can raise and lower the head and foot rests and is fully enclosed like an adult crib, it’s also somewhat aesthetically pleasing - you don’t look at it and think sterile hospital bed.  It’s been great and I’m so thankful for it.

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply