Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Cognitive Gains from CBD Oil

J Shenal

PM

We started our daughter on CBD oil over 2 months ago, for seizure control.  I just want to shout from the rooftops how amazing it has been for cognition!  She has learned to chew at 6 years old (I pureed all of her foods until recently) and she has begun bringing her spoon to her mouth!  These are huge accomplishments for her that just happened out of the blue after we started the oil.  Just had to share and wanted to see if any other parents have seen anything similar?

12 March 2017 09:35 PM # 1

Angelyn

PM

Are you referring to cannabis oil?  Our three and a half year old son just got approval from his physician to use cannabis oil for seizure control as well, so your post is incredibly encouraging!  We have to finish the process, but hopefully we will have positive results to share soon! What else have you noticed since starting?

Signature

Angelyn

05 April 2017 09:32 PM # 2

Healing Heart

PM

I wish I could say I seen ground breaking milestone differences using CBD - I even did CBD/THC ratios.  Where I live it’s legal and my son has a legal red card for medical use so I have more options and available products to chose from.  I really do like the lotions and creams though for spasticity - I did see a difference there.  We are lucky that we have remained seizure free for a few years (although I know they could come back at any time - in fact I’m rather expecting them to at some point because my world always crashes down when I least expect it to).  But sadly I didn’t have any gains in feeding - sensory wise a slight decrease for sure.  I wish I could travel with it, because I think it would genuinely help my son’s sensory challenges during take-off and landing.  But TSA would arrest me if I tried… lol…. I laugh but they really would.  But I think it has tremendous benefits and value and still would recommend parents give it a try

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

Register to Post a Reply