Community Forum icon

Forums

The best place to talk with other special needs families, get advice and support, buy and sell products and get followers for your campaign.

Popper vests in larger sizes?

AlwaysRunning

PM

Anyone any ideas where I could get popper vests in larger sizes that don’t cost a fortune?

13 October 2014 11:36 AM # 1

Little_em

PM

I think racketys do them but I’ve no idea on cost.
I’ve seen some people adapt ordinary vests by attaching an extra pants section and adding poppers. It’s not something I could do myself mind you but if you knew someone handy with a sewing machine it might be an option.

13 October 2014 11:57 AM # 2

louisew

PM

On amazon you can get vest expanders which you just add to the press studs at the bottom of vests.

13 October 2014 03:55 PM # 3

AlwaysRunning

PM

Thanks guys - at £10.95 racketys is a bit too dear but will give the extenders a shot!

13 October 2014 06:46 PM # 4

Healing Heart

PM

The only one I am familiar with in the UK is Rackety’s, but I am not sure what sizes they have: http://www.disabled-clothing.co.uk/disabled-childrens-clothing/popper-vests-for-disabled-children.html

Here in the US, we call them onesies, we have a few distributors with larger sizes, but I don’t know if they ship to the UK.  A lot of us here in the states use Essential Whites (but I think they are currently out of inventory?) http://www.essentialwhites.com/t-sizing.aspx

Signature

Everyday Holds the Possibility of a Miracle

17 October 2014 07:11 PM # 5

Nathan's Nanny

PM

My grandson is nearly 5 but can still wear Tesco 2-3 yr old poppers vests.  When he needs larger ones I’m going to try cutting off the bottom half of his popper vests that don’t fit (so they are like a pair of pants) and stitching that to an ordinary vest to make a new, longer popper vest. Hope that makes sense!

18 October 2014 11:10 AM # 6

Waggytale

PM

Fledglings have a catalogue full of clothes and toys suitable for kids with special needs in the uk. Small company, very friendly and can help source things for you. I know they have larger vests, not sure of price tho, but they’re not unreasonable.

Register to Post a Reply