If you're anything at all like me, when you think of summer, visions of delicious picnics and mouth watering barbecues might dance in your head!
- Store foods that need to be kept cold such as: meats, poultry, seafood, mayonnaise based salads, pre-cut fruits and veggies, and dairy products in coolers with ice or frozen gel packs
(Full coolers keep foods colder than if only partially full!)
- Keep coolers in the shade
- Open coolers as infrequently as possible
- Use one cutting board and set of utensils for meats and different ones for veggies
- Don't use utensils or plates that have touched raw meats for serving cooked meats
- Invest in a meat thermometer to be sure your meats are fully cooked before eating them
- Beef, Pork, Lamb, & Veal (steaks, roasts, and chops) should be cooked to 145 °F with a 3 minute rest time
- Ground meats need to be cooked to 160 °F
- Whole poultry, poultry breasts, & ground poultry should be cooked to165 °F
- Don't leave perishable foods sitting out
- Keep hot foods hot by placing them off to the side in the grill rack
Last but not least...
- If you any of your expected guest are young children or someone with special needs, who might not understand the dangers of a hot grill, it would be a good idea to set up some sort of a barricade around the perimeter of your grill in order to avoid burns
The product that started it all and changed lives all over the worldFind out more