I can remember writing out my Christmas wish list as a child, excited for all the treasures Santa would have in store for me.
I would strive to be good so that my Christmas wishes would come true.
Now, being a mother myself, I appreciate how hard my parents worked to ensure that we always had a wonderful Christmas.
The things I wish for every day can’t be delivered by a jolly, bearded man on a sleigh.
The gifts that I seek can’t be wrapped in pretty paper or adorned with shiny ribbon. The presents that I long for won’t fit neatly under our Christmas tree.
They are not commodities or goodies at all, and they require more than a simple wish.
Some of them require loads of diligent work, and others, nothing short of a prayer and a miracle. If I could create a Christmas Wish List to be magically fulfilled, it would look something like this.
2. I wish that the things we take for granted (walking, communicating, eating, etc.) didn’t have to be so challenging for her, and I wish that I could make accomplishing them easier for her.
3. I wish that I could promise her that there will be no surgeries or scary medical procedures next year.
4. I wish that I didn’t have to give her daily medications or have to worry about the damage they may cause her solitary kidney.
5. I wish I could express to her how truly amazing she is and how deeply she is loved.
7. I wish that I could make all of his anxieties disappear, and give him a great sense of self-confidence.
8. I wish that making friends came easily and that kids only showed kindness to one another.
9. I wish for him to understand his magnificent talents and how intensely proud he makes me each day.
10. I wish for a world filled with compassion; that everyone would love, help and respect each other, no matter our limitations or disabilities.
My family is all that I need gathered around the tree to have a Merry Christmas.
Still, the list of things that I most wish for will always remain, and I’ll always long for them, in case Santa is listening.
The portable, lightweight and supportive seat that works for bathing or messy games wherever you go.Find out more