If you like flapjacks you will love these!
I'm a big fan of making life easy so I tend to buy bags of mixed seeds, nuts and fruit for these as it is much easier and cheaper than buying individual ingredients and you can change it up depending on where you buy it from as all the supermarkets seem to have different mixes.
I am a huge fan of ginger and I love it when it's really strong and warming on your throat so I tend to add two or three times the amount listed in the recipe below!
But if you aren’t a fan of ginger then you can switch it for cinnamon or mixed spices if you prefer, or just leave the spices out altogether, they have plenty of flavour without it.
- 225g porridge oats
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g mixed seeds & nuts
- 20g sultanas or other dried fruit (optional)
- 1-2 tsp ginger (or other spice)
- 200g butter
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Optional - handful of flaked almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
2) Grease a 26cm/10in square tin - or spray with bake easy
3) Mix all dried ingredients together in a large bowl
4) Place the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
5) Pour the warm mixture over the dried ingredients and stir well until everything is well combined.
6) Tip the mixture into the prepared tin, spread it out into an even layer.
7) Optional - sprinkle the flaked almonds in an even layer over the top.
8) Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
9) Allow to cool completely in tin.
10) Remove and slice into 10 bars
The product that started it all and changed lives all over the worldFind out more