Need a quick and easy dinner recipe, but one that is also low in lactose, fructose, and GERD-causing ingredients?
Look no further! This quesadilla uses cheddar cheese, which is naturally low in lactose, and corn tortillas. Round out the meal with sweet potato fries and a spinach salad and lactose-free milk to give your child the nutrition they need!
Makes 4 Quesadillas
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sliced grilled chicken (can substitute grilled shrimp or cooked lean ground beef)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro (Coriander) for garnish
For each quesadilla:
1. Warm up a skillet over medium heat on the stovetop. Place one tortilla in skillet.
2. Layer with 2 tablespoons of grated cheese, ¼ cup of red pepper, 2 ounces of chicken and top with 2 more tablespoons of the grated cheese.
3. Heat until cheese melts, just a minute or two.
4. Add another tortilla on top, and flip over to warm up and slightly brown each side.
5. Top the layered tortilla with chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large Russet potato
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180˚ C (350˚ F).
2. Wash and scrub potatoes. (Leave skin on for more nutrients & fiber!)
3. Cut potatoes into long fry-shaped pieces
4. Place potatoes on cookie sheet
5. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper. Stir potatoes around on the baking sheet, and then arrange into a single layer
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip fries over with spatula
7. Bake for 15-20 more minutes, or until golden brown
-10 ounces spinach, well-washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch dried thyme
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pure maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
1. Combine spinach and strawberries in large bowl.
2. In small bowl, combine all salad dressing ingredients and whisk well.
3. Pour dressing over spinach and strawberries, and toss well.
The product that started it all and changed lives all over the worldFind out more