No cautious toe-dipping here.
It’s all or nothing.
So go on and commit.
Not that you had or have a choice.
At least not how I see it.
I guess you could sit on the edge and just watch… I’m not really sure how, but I suppose you could try.
Like my wife and I, you might not have known it until later.
It was our first pregnancy and my wife’s water broke at 27 weeks.
The doctors were able to prevent her from going full on into labor and no infection set in so we sat in the hospital for the next 54 days and waited.
We went home on time and our pediatrician had told us that since he was a preemie to expect developmental delays.
Months went by and our son’s progress was slower than most but steady all the same.
By his one-year checkup he had a limited vocabulary and was starting pull up to stand.
As it came time for our daughter to be born, he started to have seizures.
Six long months later our beautiful baby girl had been born and we had preliminary diagnosis for our son.
The MRI showed that he had a brain malformation and was the root cause of his seizures.
Between the seizures and the medicine we were left with a shell of the joy-filled boy we once knew.
We were in so far over our heads from the word 'seizure'.
Left with a non-choice, what do you do?
Deny a truth and pretend to watch from the side while the reality is that you are going under.
My humble advice is to jump on in and start swimming.
Don’t get too carried away, it’s going to be a long trip.
For the simple fact that it is your child’s life you fight for.
We fight constantly, while we may get tired, to find our son.
Have you had to leave a venue early due to lack of suitable changing facilities?