This mild curry recipe comes together quickly while the rice is cooking, so you’ll be ready to eat by the time the rice is done!
With lots of deeply-colored vegetables, low-sodium broth and brown rice, it is packed with nutrition and fiber – a healthy meal to please your whole family.
And if you don’t have sweet potatoes available, feel free to substitute other veggies such as mushrooms, cauliflower, spinach, etc. This is a great recipe to use up extra vegetables that you have on hand!
2 to 3 cups cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed into 1-inch pieces
2 cups cubed sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups chopped plum tomatoes
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1. Cook desired amount of brown rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
3. Add onion and bell pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
4. Add garlic and sauté, stirring, about 2 more minutes.
5. Add chicken, sweet potatoes, curry, salt, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 25 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve over prepared brown rice.
The portable activity kit. Fun therapy at home or on the moveFind out more