From the Forum
‘Would love to hear what songs are close to people’s hearts and the lyrics that pull at your heartstrings!’
- ‘Everything’ by Michael Buble
I found myself washed away with the lyrics and emotion of the song because it really reflected how I feel about my little superstar.
One particular line that hits a nerve.
- ‘I’ve got stamina’ by Sia
- ‘Don’t you worry child’ Swedish House Mafia
This song always makes me think of my son.
I’m not even sure I believe in heaven but I have to believe there is a plan for him.
- ‘You are so beautiful’ by Joe Cocker
The lyrics are simple but strong, ‘You’re everything I hoped for, you’re everything I need. You are so beautiful to me.’
-‘Roar’ by Katy Perry
- ‘Godspeed’ by the Dixie Chicks
I started singing to him the first time he was in the hospital and now it’s just his song.
- ‘You’ve got a friend in me’ Toy Story
- ‘Wires’ by Athlete
Very emotive for any parent who’s had a child in NICU, especially over Christmas.
- ‘I won’t give up’ Jason Mraz
- ‘Dog days are over’ by Florence and the Machine
I first started listening to it while when I got back to running which marked a major milestone for me after my son’s birth.
- ‘Safe and Sound’ by Matthew West
- ‘Upside Down’ by Paloma Faith
Though not specifically applicable to my children exactly but because we don’t quite live our loves the way typical families do but I’m more than ok with that.
Join the discussion here and tell us what song is close to your heart?
The portable activity kit. Fun therapy at home or on the moveFind out more