It’s always important to keep hydrated, especially at this time of year.
It’s recommended we drink approximately 2 litres of water a day, which for some (myself included) isn’t an easy task.
To try and encourage myself to drink more, I’ve been looking at ways to make my water more exciting.
So far, it’s definitely helping and they are so easy to make.
It’s as simple as popping your ingredients into a jug or bottle of water and leaving to infuse for 2-4 hours.
To help you get started, here’s some of my favourite flavours.
- Cucumber and Mint. It’s so fresh and perfect for a hot day. A top tip would be to tear up the mint before putting it in so you get all the flavour. And, if you have the time, put in some frozen slices of cucumber.
- Orange and Blueberry. Full of freshness, Vitamin C and antioxidants!
- Pineapple and Jalapeno. This one is bursting with flavour and perfect for seeing off any of those spring colds.
- Watermelon and Basil. You feel like you're relaxing on the beach with this one and even better, basil is full of antibacterial properties.
- Apple and Cinnamon. Not only is cinnamon great for helping with digestion, this combo tastes like Christmas in a cup and who doesn’t love that?!
- Lavender and Blackberry. This one helps with feeling relaxed and is packed full of antioxidants.
- Aloe Vera and Lime. This mix will naturally increase energy and fight fatigue.
- Kiwi and Blackberry. I love the mix of these flavours together and another recipe that is full of antioxidants.
- Chia Seeds. This is a bit of a strange one but is full of health benefits. Chia seeds are rich in Omega 3 - fatty acids. Mix with some lime for a bit of flavour. The texture does take a bit of getting used to but it you stick with it it’s worthwhile.
- Raspberry and Rose. If you close your eyes whilst drinking this one, you almost feel like you’re sitting in a beautiful English country garden. Rose has great anti-inflammatory properties and is also said to reduce anxiety.
Let us know what you think or if you have any of your favourites that you would like to share